Probate can be the most confusing and frustrating process in the law. A big part of that frustration is having to deal with a situation which is sad or unpleasant in a system that is simply unfamiliar. If you need help with an ill loved one, or are faced with handling the affairs of someone who has died, however, you will find yourself face to face with the probate system. An experienced probate attorney can be the difference between a good experience and a bad one.
Broken down to decedent’s estate and minor and adult guardianships and conservatorships, probate exists to ensure proper care of loved ones who need help during their lives as well as administration of their estate after they’ve passed away. Each process can be difficult if you don’t have someone which knowledge and experience guiding you.
Paul has assisted clients in all aspects of probate law throughout Southeastern Michigan’s probate courts including Macomb, Oakland, Wayne, St. Clair, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe and Lapeer.
For Guardianships and Conservatorships, Paul’s experience includes:
- Petitions for Guardianship of adults and minors
- Petitions for Conservatorship of adults and minors
- Guardianship Annual Reports
- Conservatorship Annual Accounts
- Objections to Appointment
- Transfer of Appointment
- Terminations and Reinstatements of Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Transfer of Guardianship and Conservatorships to foreign jurisdictions
- Bond Application and Confirmation
The Guardianship and Conservatorship process is intended to last as long as needed. Paul will help you the entire way from petition or application of Guardianship and/or Conservatorship to annual review and Court filings.
For Decedents Estates, Paul’s experience includes:
- Petitions for Supervised/Formal Probate
- Applications for Unsupervised/Informal Probate
- Probate Estate Administration
- Probate Personal Representative services
- Probate Inventory preparation and presentation
- Probate Estate Distribution Motion Practice
- Preparation of Estate Accountings
- Asset Distribution/Liquidation/Transfer During Probate
- Probate Bond Application and Confirmation with Approved Bonding Companies
- Probate Estate Closing and Certificates
Paul has also served as appointed Personal Representative (Executor) to decedent estates and worked with families to ensure the proper administration and distribution of probate estates.